Framework 4 (Last updated: September 15, 2019)Framework 3 (Last updated: February 6, 2017)Framework 2 (Last updated: October 8, 2006)Framework (Last updated: October 8, 2006)Libraries (Last updated: September 16, 2004)Really old framework (Last updated: September 16, 2004)
Saturday, May 11, 2002 | Permalink
Finally a demo for all you guys who were fooled to buy a Dell (Highend CPU + crappy videocard).
This demo should run on pretty much every card out there, but may demand a little CPU power.
It's a cool particle system.
Never done anything with particles before, but it didn't take long to make it and add loads of features to it. Particles are pretty cool, they allow all kinds of funky effects and are easy to implement and quite easy to handle once implemented. This demo only shows off a few of the features I've implemented, but it has these adjustable parameters which may interest other coders out there:
- Particle spawnrate
- Particle speed with spread
- Particle size with spread
- Particle life with spread
- Air friction
- Arbitrary amount of kill planes
- Arbitrary amount of bounce planes
- Directional force (wind / gravity)
- Arbitrary amount of point forces (planet systems / magnetics)
- Cool color schemes